Asian Barbecue Turkey Thighs
- 2 lbs turkey thighs, boneless or bone-in, skinned and excess fat removed
- 3/4 c barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
Combine barbecue sauce, onions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger. Remove 1/3 cup, cover and refrigerate.
Pierce holes in thighs using tines of fork. In a self-closing food-safe plastic bag, combine thighs and remaining marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
Time to Grill:
Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking (see note below). Cook thighs over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes per side until food thermometer, inserted in thickest portion of thigh, registers 165°F. During last 10 minutes of cooking, brush with reserved marinade.
Serve hot with your favorite rice dish and a vegetable, if desired.