Double Turkey Chili Dogs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1-1/2 c chopped sweet onion
- 12 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 8 turkey hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split and lightly toasted
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced and deseeded, optional
- 1/2 c green onions, optional
- 1/2 c sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, optional
Over medium heat, brown ground turkey and onions, breaking up the turkey into small pieces. Drain any fat from the skillet. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in tomato, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, pepper and sugar. Gently simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Grill hot dogs over medium direct heat, turning every few minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Place cooked hot dogs into toasted buns. Ladle 1/4 cup chili sauce over each hot dog. Top with shredded cheese, jalapenos and other desired toppings.