Grilled Sweet and Sour Turkey Kebabs
- 2 lbs boneless turkey thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 3 navel oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 c pineapple juice
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 1/4 c seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
Heat grill to medium high heat.
Using long skewers, add on a pineapple chunk, an orange slice folded in half, a turkey chunk, a pepper slice and a piece of red onion. Repeat 1 or 2 times depending on length of kebab sticks. Continue until you run out of meat.
Add kebabs to your grill. Grill for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly charred and the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Glaze each kebab with the sweet and sour sauce, flip, glaze the other side and cook for just a few minutes to help make the glaze sticky.
Serve with a little extra sauce for dipping.
Add juices, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup and soy sauce to a small skillet. Simmer gently over medium heat.
In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Add cornstarch mixture to your skillet mixture and whisk till smooth and thick. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.