Aloha Turkey Skewers
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb turkey tenderloins, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch square pieces
- 1/4 wedge fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small sweet red onion, quartered
- 4 c cooked rice
Stir soy sauce, oil, lime juice, garlic and red pepper flakes until blended.
Add turkey; toss to coat; cover and marinate 30 minutes.
Alternate turkey, zucchini, bell pepper, pineapple and onion on 4 long metal skewers, distributing evenly.
Brush vegetables with remaining marinade. Discard marinade.
On the Grates:
Grill, turning as needed until browned turkey is tender, about 15 minutes.
Serve over rice with your favorite garnish and/or BBQ sauce.
Note from Team Turkey:
No need to take a trip to feel like you’re on island time! Fire up the grill and bring the flavors of the Big Island right to your backyard. Aloha turkey skewers are simple, healthy and oh so tasty. Looking for more skewer inspiration? Check out our full run down on this summer grilling staple.